Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A (temporary) job!

Hello!

As some of you may already know, job searching 40+ hours/week was wearing me out. In order to give myself something to look forward to, meet new friends, and pull in some cash, I started looking for a serving job.

I stumbled upon Bridge, a Tap House & Wine Bar located on the lower level of our building. I interviewed on a Monday and started that weekend. Bridge has been open less than two weeks but we already have a very steady flow of people throughout the week and we have been SLAMMED both weekends!

I have included the link to Bridge's website below. Check it out.


Bridge offers over 200 beers, 36 on tap and over 100 wines with 20 by the glass. There are over 25 selections of cheeses, sandwiches, salads, and of course desserts. A LOT to familiarize myself with! I am currently working my way through the cheese menu. The Tete de Moine from Switzerland is my favorite so far!

The best part about this job is that the restaurant is closed Monday, Tuesday, and I have had Wednesdays off. This leaves me plenty of time for job searching! :)

I love everyone I work with and have been making some great cash! I can't wait to take you all there when you visit! (Hopefully I will have a career by then. :)

-Kenz

Job Application Status: 89 jobs

1 comment:

  1. congrats Kenz on your job. this door of opportunity that you opened may present another door to be opened...it's a small BIG world we live in. anyway, if and when we make it to St. Louis, i will ask for you personally.

    ReplyDelete