Saturday, April 3, 2010

Time


A quick note on one of my biggest pet peeves (and the answer to the riddle)...

"I don't have time."

This is a statement that we all hear, and are often guilty of saying. With the exception of the start and end, time is one of the few things in life that we all have the same amount of. No matter your race, sex, salary, or responsibilities, each day, week, month, and year are the same for everyone. The answer is never "I don't have time." The answer is "I have prioritized other activities over the one currently being discussed.", "My time management skills do not currently enable me to complete the requested task." or any other similar excuse. It is important to take advantage of the time that we have and recognize time just as any other asset, that needs to be managed and leveraged to appreciate its full value. We all have the same amount so be smart with how you choose to use it and be honest with yourself and others when discussing it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment